3 Days Training for journalists on Human rights at Bishoftu from Feb 15-Feb17/2022
Purpose of the training
The purpose of the training is to enable the media professionals to be advocates of environmental and land rights of citizens , promote efforts of combating modern slavery particularly child labor , forced labour and human trafficking in relation to environment, health and livelihood as cause and effect .
Topics of Training
- The role of media for promoting human rights
- Combating child Labour and forced Labour (overview , investigation and reporting )
- Combatting Human Trafficking overview , investigation and reporting
- Environment and Land Rights (Overview, investigation and reporting )
- Impact of human trafficking, child Labour and forced Labour on health
- Impact of human trafficking child labor and forced Labour on Environment
This topic also covers how the problems can be cause for Environmental disasters: How the journalists can investigate, understand and report related issues.