Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
November 11-12, 2013
The 2013 International Population, Health, and Environment (PHE) Conference will take place on November 11-12, 2013 in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The conference objectives are to:
- Create a space for sharing, learning, and networking among PHE implementers
- Identify needs and priorities for PHE advocates and implementers in order to chart areas for future technical assistance and support
- Raise the profile of PHE efforts and results to increase interest among new donors and possible implementers.
This is an opportunity for selected applicants to attend plenaries, panel discussions, presentations, and round table discussions/workshops, along with networking opportunities, all focused on PHE. Space for attendance is limited and applicants are encouraged to apply early. Applications to attend must be received by July 26, 2013.
The 2013 International PHE Conference is also seeking abstracts for presentations that will be informative and relevant, informed by experience, practice, and research, and encourage opportunities for learner engagement, and/or demonstrate application to the work of participants. In particular, the PHE Conference seeks presentations that
· Feature a diverse array of presenters, including those:
- of different nationalities, especially within the African continent
- of different levels of experience
- from different institutional and organization types
· Deliver best practices using approaches for different types of learners
· Are based on or supported by research or experience
· Contain new ideas and are on the cutting edge
· Stimulate and provoke discussion
Abstract submissions must also be received by July 26, 2013. Applicants who are selected to attend or present an abstract will be notified by August 30, 2013. Some partial scholarships for travel and lodging support will also be available.
To submit an abstract or apply to attend: www.conftool.com/PHEConference2013
For further information: www.facebook.com/PHEConference2013 or PHEConference2013@prb.org
- PHE Conf Invitation.pdf (Downloads: 812 - Size: 110.78 KB)